Fresh Truck x HUBweek

Blog / Fresh Truck x HUBweek

We love Boston, so HUBweek’s celebration of all the things that make this city so special is something we’re thrilled to be a part of. In its second year, HUBweek produced a week-long series of events and experiences showcasing the future of art, technology, healthcare and all things in between that come from the intellectual energy here in Boston. Here at Fresh Truck, our favorite thing about the Boston spirit is the willingness to roll up our sleeves and collaborate on solving big problems. As Fresh Truck looks to our future we are excited about tackling the big problem of finding innovative ways to source local food from local farmers for our local customers all at an affordable price. So for our participation in HUBweek this year, we collaborated with some our favorite Boston organizations that do incredible work with local food.

Let’s Talk About Food

This year marks our fourth years as a part of the Let’s Talk About Food Festival in Copley Square and to make it our best year yet we partnered with our friends at the Boston Public Market. The BPM is a phenomenal marketplace for locally sourced produce and specialty agricultural products located at Haymarket Station. We’re excited to be working with them and their vendors to increase our local produce product offering as we move into the next growing season. For LTAF we featured several local products including locally grown tomatoes that were incorporated into recipes for Dinner Tonight, a new BPM initiative to making cooking local food at home easier while utilizing the bounty of the market.

Fall means local squash and pumpkins!

Brew the Charles

There’s nothing better than a beer by the water, but in this case, it was a beer from the water. Six incredible local breweries were tasked with brewing a winning beer from the Charles River. Don’t worry, it was all purified by Desalitech a water technology company from Newton. For this event, we partnered with b.good because what goes better with a local beer than a local burger? The team at b.good donated kale grown at Hannah Farm on an island in Boston Harbor. 75% of what is grown on this farm is donated to local food non-profits and the other 25% is used as ingredients for your neighborhood b.good. We think this is the coolest thing since sliced tomatoes, you can learn more about the work b.good does at Hannah Farms here.

Now that’s a crowd!


Blog / Fresh Truck x HUBweek

Related posts

Why I Give About Fresh.

What we care about, we bring about. In this week’s blog, Victor Matta, Fresh Truck Online Retail Coordinator, shares how caring, and…

About Cafe Juice Up.

To kick off Black History Month, Denise A. O’Marde and Fiex Thevenin of Cafe Juice Up, a juice bar located in Mattapan,…

About Gustey

Fresh Truck’s new Program Coordinator, Gustey Vilme, offers her “Fresh Take” on joining About Fresh, living in Boston, and omelets that hit…